INTRODUCTION TO HOMEOPATHY
What is homeopathy?
Homeopathy is a form of holistic medicine used by over 200 million people worldwide to treat both the acute and chronic conditions. It is based on the principle of ‘like cures like’ – in other words, it is a system of complementary medicine that helps in treating ailments with the small doses of natural substances..
Homeopathic medicines are manufactured by using a process of combining serial dilution and succussion (vigorous shaking). Homeopathic medicines are perfectly safe to use for babies, children and pregnant or breastfeeding women, who are under the supervision of a medically-qualified practitioner.
Homeopathy is based on the principle ‘like cures like’ – in other words, a substance taken in small amounts will cure the same symptoms it causes if it would be taken in large amounts.
This idea dates back to Hippocrates (460-377BC), who also thought that the symptoms, specific to an individual, should be taken into account before making a diagnosis. This is also an important principle of homeopathy, where an individual’s unique symptoms are important in determining the correct medicine.
The idea of “like cures like” did not to re-emerge in any great way until Samuel Hahnemann, a German physician, (1755-1843) came to devise the system of medicine that we know as homeopathy.
Hahnemann, trained in medicine and chemistry, worked as a doctor in the late 18th century. He was dissatisfied with the conventional medical practices of his day. Blood-letting, purging and giving patients’ large doses of toxic materials, such as arsenic and lead, were commonplace. Hahnemann disagreed with these harsh methods.
He was investigating the effects of various medicinal substances on himself and other healthy volunteers, and he found that an illness could be treated with a very small amount of a substance that, in larger quantities, could cause that illness.
To avoid harmful effects from normal doses of the substances, he kept on diluting each medicine until he reached to the greatest dilution that would still produce a response. These experiments, known as proving, led him to observe and describe the basic principles of homeopathic medicine.
Is homeopathy safe?
a) Safe and effective
Homeopathy is absolutely safe since homeopathic medicines are made from a very small amount of the active ingredient. Two hundred years of practice, research and trials ensure the safety of this gentle system of medicine for both people and animals.
b) Gentle and non-addictive
Unlike some conventional drugs, homeopathic medicines are non-addictive and have no dangerous side-effects. Homeopathy is safe to use for babies, children and pregnant or breastfeeding women, who are under the supervision of a homeopathic doctor.
Homeopathy promotes safe, rapid and gentle recovery of health from the vast majority of acute and chronic conditions. According to the World Health Organization, it is the second-most widely used and the fastest growing system of medicine in the world.
What is it made of?
Homeopathic medicines are made mainly from the plants and minerals, which are highly diluted and then added to lactose tablets or pills.
These medicines are manufactured by repeatedly diluting and succussing (shaking) a preparation of the original substance, mainly plants and minerals, in water and alcohol. After the dilution, the medicine is added to lactose tablets or pills.
Growing demand for homeopathy
Homeopathy has been integrated into the healthcare systems of many European countries including France, Germany, the Netherlands, Italy, Switzerland and Portugal.
In 1859, Homeopathy was considered as the first system of medicine to be regulated in Ontario, Canada, and remained regulated until 1970.
A survey conducted by Global TGI in 2008 found 15% of the population of Britain trusted homeopathy.
Research, carried out by the market research analyst Mintel, estimates that the U.S. retail sales of homeopathic and herbal remedies reached $6.4 billion in 2012, up almost 3% from 2011, which means the market has grown 16% over the past five years.
Mintel forecasts, the demand will continue to increase over the next few years and by 2017 sales are expected to reach $7.5 billion as more Americans become proactive about their health and the availability of these medicines increases through mass retailers.
In India, homeopathy is one of the most popular forms of medicine. Today there are over 200,000 registered homeopathic practitioners, 215 homeopathic hospitals and 7,000 homeopathic dispensaries.
Paul McCartney, David Beckham, Twiggy, Roger Daltrey, Caprice, Susan Hampshire, Tina Turner, Louise Jameson, Gaby Roslin, Jude Law, Sadie Frost, Nadia Sawalha, Richard Branson, Debra Stephenson and Meera Syal, as well as The Queen all are users of homeopathy.
In Canada as of April 1, 2015, Homeopathic Medicine is regulated in Ontario under the Regulated Health Professions Act. Only practitioners, who have passed the rigorous assessment process and have the appropriate expert training in homeopathic medicine, will be allowed to use the protected title “Homeopath.”
To ensure that you are getting the best homeopathic care, make sure your Homeopath is registered with the College of Homeopaths of Ontario…
Homeopathy cannot replace all other forms of healthcare, but can be used as the first treatment option in a wide range of conditions. It can also be used in a complementary way in other situations, for example, to support good recovery after operations.
Homeopathy doesn’t interfere with conventional medicine and should be taken as a complementary treatment, not as an alternative.
Conditions for use
Homeopathic doctors often see patients with long-term, chronic problems, many of which have failed to respond to conventional medicine, such as eczema, chronic fatigue syndrome, asthma, migraine, irritable bowel syndrome, arthritis and depression.
Whole person medicine
However, as a system of medicine, homeopathy is designed to treat the person as a whole, therefore, it can be considered in almost any situation where a person’s health is depleted. It can also be very useful in the treatment of minor ailments, from cuts and bruises to coughs and colds.
What homeopathy is not?
· Homeopathy is not a miracle medicine
· Homeopathy is not a panacea
· Homeopathy is not just the mind-based medicine
· Homeopathy is more than psychosomatic
· Homeopathy is not spiritual
· Homeopathy is not placebo therapy
· Homeopathy is not faith healing
· Homeopathy is not against the modern medicine
Important Diseases treated in our center:
- Autoimmune: Type 1 diabetes, Addisons disease, Juvenile DM, Poly myalgia, Alopecia areata, Ankylosis spondylitis, Celiac disease, Fibromyalgia, Glomerulo nephritis, SLE, Cystitis, Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, Grave’s disease, Myasthenia gravis, Pemphigus, Rheumatic fever, Rheumatoid arthritis, AS, Nephritis, Vitiligo etc
- Neurological: Peripheral neuropathy, Migraine, Trigeminal Neuralgia, Parkinson’s, Speech and language disturbance, Restless leg syndrome, Cramps, Multiple sclerosis, Headache, Bells palsy, Dizziness, Gait disorders, Involuntary movements, Dementia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Motor neuron disease, Spinal muscular atrophy etc..
- Mental & Psychological Health: Anorexia, Bulimia, OCD, Migraine, Parkinson’s, Stress, Depression, Bipolar, Personality disorders, Anxiety, Insomnia, Sleep apnea, Alcoholism, Cigarette and drug addictions, Phobias, Psychosomatic illness, Low sex drive etc.
- Colds& Flu: Prevention and treatment for all kinds of flu (influenza virus) and cold.
- Pediatrics: All kind allergies – food, respiratory, skin ,ADD/ADHD, Dyslexia, Lactose intolerance, Autism, Developmental issues, Recurrent respiratory infections, Bed wetting, Anemia, Obesity, Allergies, Diarrheas, Constipation, Teething/Stomach colic and gripe, Eczema, Psoriasis, Ear infection, Nasal polyps, Tonsils enlargement, Adenoids, Cough/bronchitis, Asthma, Sleep disorders/Snoring, Pink eyes, Vomiting, Night mares, Wounds/soft tissue injuries, Loss of appetite, Nappy rash, Warts/Molluscum contagiosum, Behavioral problems – clinginess/temper tantrums, Urinary tract infections, Swimmers itch, Thumb sucking/hair pulling/picking/nail biting, Fungal infections, Vitiligo, Auto-immune disorders – thyroid, arthritis, Focus and memory/dyslexia, Nutritional deficiencies, Juvenile diabetes, Acne, Lice, Tic and Toilette’s Syndrome etc
- Geriatrics: Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s , Amnesia, Recurrent infections, Degenerative arthritis, Anemia, Poor digestion, Constipation, Dysphagia, Insomnia,Osteoporosis, easy fracture, Bone loss, Loss of muscle mass, Poor vision, Cataract, Balance problem, Tremors, Hearing impairment, Loss of lung volume, Fatigue, Low energy, Mood swings etc
- Travel & Environmental: Jet lag, Motion sickness, High altitude, Sea sickness, Frost bite, Heat Stroke, Cold wave Etc
- Eyes: Glaucoma, Cataract, Conjunctivitis, Styes, Eye strain, Dry eyes, Macular degeneration, Floaters, Fuch’s Dystrophy, Sjogren’s syndrome, and General Vision support etc
- Respiratory: Chronic cough, Allergic bronchitis, Asthma, recurrent pneumonia, Allergic rhinitis, Recurrent Pneumonia, Pulmonary eosinophilia, Emphysema, Pleurisy, Pleural effusion etc.
- ENT: Vertigo, Nasal polyp, Chronic tonsillitis, Adenoid, Pharyngitis, Laryngitis, Sinusitis, Otitis media, Ear effusion, Loss of hearing etc
- Dental: Apical abscess, Anxiety, Tooth extraction, Sensitive cementum, Periodontal abscess, Post-surgery pain, Gum swelling, Reversible pulpitis, Toothache with decay, Pericoronitis etc
- Blood disorders: Anemia, Leucopenia, Leucocytosis, Thrombocytopenia, Lymphadenopathy, Splenomegaly, lymphomas etc
- Gastrointestinal: Gastritis, Pancreatitis, Hiatus hernia, Motility disorders, Mal absorption, Peptic and Duodenal ulcers, Gastro enteritis, Constipation, Cholecystitis, Diarrhoea, Amoebiasis, Dysentery, Liver cyst, Fatty liver, Gall stones, Hepatitis, IBS, APD, GERD/Acid reflux, Diverticulitis, Crohn’s disease, Ulcerative colitis , Piles etc.
- Nephrology: Irritable bladder, Kidney stones, Recurrent urinary tract infections, BPH, Urethral stricture, Prolapse, etc
- Musculo skeletal: Rheumatoid arthritis, Sciatica, Disc prolapse, Pinch nerves, Osteoarthritis, SLE, Poly arthritis, Sero negative arthritis, Cervical Spondylitis, Lumbar spondylitis, Gout, Osteoporosis, Frozen shoulders, etc
- First aid & Sports Injuries: Physical trauma, Minor burns, Wounds, Cramps, Boils, Splinters, Fracture, Sprain & strains, Injury to nerves, soft tissues, muscles, Sudden loss, Fright, Shock, Grief, Upset, Dental treatment, After effects of anesthetic& vaccination, Ear aches, Severe exhaustion, Jet lag, Hemorrhages, Indigestion, Nausea & Vomiting, Tennis elbow, Achilles tendonitis, Painful heels, Plantar Tendinitis,
- Skin & beauty : Hair fall for men and women, Hyperhidrosis, Herpes simplex, Freckles, Under weight, Premature grey hair, Ichthyosis/dry skin, Keloid, Ring worm,Varicose veins, Fungal infections, Tinea, Obesity,Hives/Urticaria,Alopecia, Dandruff, Dry hair, Acne, Eczema, Psoriasis, Warts, Molluscum, Boils, Hyper pigmentation,Vitiligo, Lichen planus, Seborrheic dermatitis, Dandruff, etc
- Women: Pregnancy & Miscarriage, Gestational diabetes, Menstrual irregularities, Leucorrhea/Vaginal discharges, Prolapse, Uterine fibroids, Breast cyst and fibroids, sexual dysfunctions, Ovarian cysts, Fertility issues, Thyroid conditions, Breast health, Menopausal symptoms, Polycystic ovarian syndrome, Etc.
- Men: Infertility, Erectile dysfunction and Andropause, Premature ejaculation, Low sperm count, Loss of libido. etc
- Metabolic Disorders: Diabetes and its complications like retinopathy, neuropathy, nephropathy, Hypoglycemia, Obesity, etc
- Endocrinal: Hypothyroidism, Thyrotoxicosis, Polycystic ovarian syndrome, Hirsutism, Gynaecomastia, Menopause, Andropause, Lack of growth, Cushing syndrome, Para thyroid disorders, tumors of thyroid gland etc
- Cardiovascular Disease: High cholesterol, Hypertension, Angina, Atherosclerosis, valve diseases and regurgitation, etc
- Immune support: Cold and flu prevention
- Detoxification: Support for liver, Kidney and colon cleansing, Dietary cleanses etc
- Food sensitivity: Help with detecting and addressing food sensitivity symptoms etc
- Disease prevention: Personalized nutritional support to prevent hereditary disease diseases such as heart diseases, cancer and diabetes etc
- Nutritional & Dietary analysis: learn which key nutrients your unique biochemistry needs & how to eat to achieve long term health
- Surgical: Pre & Post operative care – fear and anxiety prior to surgery, Excess bleeding during surgery, If surgery poses the potential for a large loss of blood or undergoing intravenous (IV) therapy,Stop Postoperative Bleeding, Recovery of digestive function following surgery, Nausea and Vomiting, Constipation, Phase out flatulence, Swelling, Stiffness, pain, bruise and Soreness, Gynecological Surgery – Abortion or Miscarriage, Caesarean Section or Episiotomy, Dilation and curettage (D & C), Hysterectomy, Orthopedic Surgery, Physical trauma, e.g. wounds, Anatomical Abnormalities, Disorders of function, Inflammation, Ischaemia and infarction, Metabolic disorders, Neoplasia, Other abnormalities of tissue growth, e.g. cysts, hyperplasia or Organ hypertrophy, as well as some cancers, if caught early enough, Deformity and heavy scarring, Brain damage and nerve damage
Homeopathy Consultation in office/Cyber:
|Acute case (30 minutes) =
||$ 50 + Hst
|Chronic case (60 – 90 minutes) =
||$ 120 +Hst
|Child case (under 18)(60-90 minutes) =
|Outside office (with in 10km reach) =
||$ 150 + Hst
|Follow up (20 -30 minutes) =
|Community service/ Students/Seniors/ (60 – 90 minutes) =
||$ 55 + Hst
**Medicines are extra
** Taxes extra
Online world wide consultations/Cyber clinic:
** Medicines extra
** Taxes extra
** Shipping extra
Mail Us: firstname.lastname@example.org